Are you not obsessed with HGTV? Well I am! I live for all the shows on that network. My favorite is by far Fixer Upper. You wouldn’t even believe what I am the most fascinated about on the show:
WHEN THEY GO ANTIQUING!!
I have been shopping and decorating my house in the same way I feel Joe would…or so I think, lol! So what I decided to do is share how I have done it and how easy it is.
For instance my entire entry way and living room I designed with the help of my husband for all under $350. Funniest thing about it is I did most of it from Facebook. I must preference that this will become addicting. To the point that even after you are done an area in your home, you might still be shopping for things. Or maybe that’s just me. *Shrugs*
So heres how it’s done:
- Come Up With A Vision For The Space I like to use Pinterest for this. Super easy just search ideas and color schemes and save it to a board. (I really shouldn’t have to tell you how to use Pinterest because it is 2018)
- Log Onto Facebook And Go to The Marketplace Here you can type in “Wood Desk”, “Coffee Table”, “Bar Cart”….The options are endless. You then can search from your location and how far you are willing to travel. Marketplace is the new Craigslist!
- Don’t Forget to Bargain!! We were able to get our two dressers from two different sellers for under $50 total.
- You Can Always Turn Trash to Treasure! Don’t be afraid of a project. The best part about this is I have stuff that was once junk and now they are the highlights of my home.
- Sell It! If you end up not liking it use the Marketplace for you. I have been through three coffee tables since the move here. The first two I didn’t love but was able to make more off them than I purchased them for.
- Have Fun With It! I have been looking at cool things for friends and family because I am clearly addicted. One of my closest friends is pregnant and I can’t stop searching for baby stuff for her, even if she doesn’t like it lol.
Below I have listed a few of my finds from this week. I think I will start posting my Facebook Market Finds from PA and DC ever so often. Hope you enjoy!